Volunteers will play a critical role in the success of the North American Orienteering Championships. Most volunteer jobs do not require orienteering skills. And most jobs allow you to compete — which we hope you will!
- Setting up and taking down the arena (5 arenas at 5 locations) involves setting up tents, signs, flagging, results area, sponsor banners...
- Parking marshals — making the most of our limited parking areas
- Water stations — refreshment stands in the woods
- Refreshment stand in finish area — cutting up fruit, serving cookies and water
- Event Centre in the arena — taking registrations, answering questions
- Start Assistants — checking off competitors and bib numbers at assigned start times
- Map collectors and download assistants in the finish chute
- Special event set-up — Dessert pot-luck and opening ceremonies; medal ceremonies; banquet