Click to sign up online
Volunteers will play a critical role in the success of the North American Orienteering Championships. Most volunteer jobs do not require orienteering skills. And most jobs allow you to compete — which we hope you will!
- Setting up and taking down the arena (5 arenas at 5 locations) involves setting up tents, signs, flagging, results area, sponsor banners...
- Parking marshals — making the most of our limited parking areas
- Water stations — refreshment stands in the woods
- Refreshment stand in finish area — cutting up fruit, serving cookies and water
- Event Centre in the arena — taking registrations, answering questions
- Start Assistants — checking off competitors and bib numbers at assigned start times
- Map collectors and download assistants in the finish chute
- Special event set-up — Dessert pot-luck and opening ceremonies; medal ceremonies; banquet
Please see the volunteer registry for a complete list of all the available volunteer jobs and to sign up to volunteer.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Erin Corbett at 867 336 1723 or erin.c.corbett(at)gmail.com